Updates and News:
MARCH3-4,2019 STORM: As we are under a winter storm warning for evening of March3, 2019 until 10am on March 4, 2019 Pediatric Specialsts will cancel Walk-in-Clinic (usually scheduled at 8am in Foxboro). We will delay office opening in both Foxborough and Wrentham offices until 10am on Monday March 4,2019. We hope this will give staff and patients time to safely make their way into the offices. Stay safe and notify the office if you cannot keep your appointment.
- NEW MD JOINING PRACTICE AS OF SEPTEMBER 4, 2018: Pediatric Specialists of Foxboro and Wrentham is excited to welcome James Kennedy, MD to our staff. Dr. Kennedy completed medical school and his pediatric training at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester. He has also worked as a Pediatric Hospitalist at UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center. Dr. Kennedy is currently accepting new patients and will be working at both of Foxboro and Wrentham sites.
WALK-IN CLINIC: The walk-in clinic operates out of the Foxboro office only. The clinic opens at 8AM and generally runs until 9 AM Monday through Friday up until the Friday before Memorial Day. The clinic does not operate on Monday and weekday holidays nor the day after Thanksgiving. This is a walk-in clinic so you do not need to call for an appointment. You will be seen on a first come first serve basis (barring any emergency situations) . Any over flow not seen in that time period will be worked into the morning schedule. This clinic time is not for chronic long standing problems which are better served in a regular appointment slot during the day. This clinic has received great praise from many patients who are able to have their child seen professionally and in a timely and convenient fashion.
- Walk in clinic resumes Tuesday Morning September 4, 2018 at 8am in the Foxboro Office- see below for descrition and guidelines for the clinic.
- We have achieved Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home Status for the Foxboro office site and should have received the same for the Wrentham site. This is a major initiative which ensures up to date , coordinated and office centered care for your child. An overview is provided at the NCQA site and at http://www.ncqa.org/Portals/0/Programs/Recognition/PCMH_Overview_Apr01.pdf
- We are currently in the process of setting up our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) which will consist of several parents from our practice along with some staff members. We have had several volunteers and are currently working on arranging a schedule of meetings to get this started. It is our hope that through parental input both positive and critical, Pediatric Specialists will better serve the needs of our families as we move into our 41st year. Thank you to all who have volunteered.
- As you may be aware we now have a cerified lactation consultant,April Shapiro,available for nursing mothers who may request her guidance.
- Pediatric Specialists now has psycholgical services available on-site on Monday and Wednesday and Friday . These services are by appointment only and are intended for short-term intervention. Dr. Tammy Perkoski and Dr. Kate Scherzo are providing these services at the Foxboro office.
- We hope everyone has enjoyed our waiting room redesign. The addition of the fish tanks to the sick waiting rooms has been a great success. Possibly we may expand this to the well waiting rooms some time in the future.
- We are making a major effort to have our providers' schedule in the computer several months in advance (preferably at least 6-12 months). This will enable you to schedule appointments well in advance and hopefully before you leave the office from a previous visit.